Bring a partner into a big circle.
- Into the middle 4 steps and out 4 steps, twice.
- Women go into middle, clap, and come back out; men do the same, turning to face partner as they come out.
- All swing with partner, ending facing round the dance.
- Promenade 8 steps anticlockwise.
To make the dance progressive, tell the men to pass on to woman in front at end of promenade.
Music: 32 bar jigs/reels
Listen to Circassian Circle by the Clarty Cloot Ceilidh Band.
Turning By Threes
Circle for Three Couples
- Taking hands, circle L (two bars) and then turn single left (two bars).
- Taking hands, circle R and then turn single R
- With partner, go back-to-back
- Two quick changes of Rs and Ls, followed by a R-hand turn with the next person once around
- Men left hand star once around
- Women right hand star once around
- Men dance to the center with two single steps (step, close; step, close).
- As men fall back, women dance to the center with two single steps
- Women look over R-shoulder and gypsy with this new man, about 1 1/4 around, back into the circle.
Tune: Tourner a Trois, Paul Machlis, 3/4
Dance from: A Finite Set of Calculated Figures, 2003 Gary Roodmam